Ratingen & Surrounding
Ratingen was first mentioned in the first half of the 9th century as Hretinga or Hratuga. The official town document was given by the count Adolf von Berg and his wife Elisabeth in the year 1276. 1472 Ratingen built 278 houses with about 1100 inhabitants. 1783/84 the first mechanical cotton mill was established on the European continent in Ratingen.
In the second half of the 19th century, increased industrialization, especially in the field of metal processing industry began. (Rhine. Industry Museum)
The Ratingen town center, just a few minutes walk from the Relexa Hotel Ratingen City, is still well preserved houses from the 16th century (eg market 3).
For those who like shopping, the factory outlet in the Esprit Factory Store recommends.
Distance to the outlet center: 10 minutes by car, an empty trunk is recommended.
Families with children invites the amusement park on a blue lake for boating, walking through the fairytale park with animal enclosures, pony rides and playground.
A visit to the family provides the close airport Dusseldorf. Feel itchy feet to the observation deck and in the shopping area of Terminals AC.